catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 20, 2020 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I'm afraid I'm less positive about this development than most members seem to be. Healthline is, in turn, owned by some other company called: "Red Ventures", which is (it sounds to me from what little I've been able to find) what is typically referred to as a holding company. All these sorts of companies are interested in is profits.

I was on YouTube when Google bought it. Prior to that most of the members I knew had beautiful channel pages they had designed. First Google took those away & all members could decorate was the border around a large white space. Then they took that away & all you could have was a banner. The rest was simply white space again. Now, it appears, members can't even have a banner (which is okay with me, I prefer not to have one) unless you're a paying member of one sort or another. Oh, & yes you can get rid of all the ads, if you pay Google to take them away...which to me is sort-of like extortion. (Pay us or we'll fill your YouTube videos with ads.)

Anyway, I'm taking a wait-&-see attitude. But I have to say it makes me seriously uncomfortable to think about posting anything of a personal nature on a website that's owned & operated by some enigmatic corporate empire. But, then, I've never been on Facebook or Twitter or any of those sites either. So perhaps it's just me.

Good information to be aware of, Skeez. Format changes could be something we might have to deal with. Another "I hope not", because I like the format of PC.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Chyialee, Dulcinea116