View Single Post
Shotokan

Member Since Jan 2020
1 hugs
given
Default Aug 23, 2020 at 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolibrarian View Post
EVERYTHING that affects the client is grist for the therapeutic mill. It might not involve the client, but the client can still have feelings about it. In my case, this exclusion is directly related to the issues I am in therapy for, and she knows it. We have mutual friends. She might have guessed that one or more of them talked about it. Furthermore, the part of her FB page that showed a wedding photo is completely open to the public. She knows this, too. This could have gone very differently. For instance, she might have said, for my vacation this year, X and I are taking a honeymoon." Then we could have worked through my feelings from there. Instead, I am excluded AGAIN, and have to deal with all the meaning and ramifications of that by myself, because I won't see her until the first week in September.

I am not saying that you don't have a right to be upset. You have a right to your feelings. In fact, it would be understandable if you felt jealous or anything else. I am just saying that she may not have told you because she is aware of the boundaries of the therapeutic relationship.

Even if you both have mutual friends and her Facebook page is open, she may not be thinking about all of that. She might be occupied with other things.

I don't think she is hiding anything. She is probably just trying to separate her private life from her role as a therapist.

Do you want a personal relationship with her?

Last edited by Shotokan; Aug 23, 2020 at 11:43 AM..
Shotokan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
comrademoomoo