View Single Post
guy1111

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Aug 24, 2020 at 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughcooki View Post
Well, hopefully it works for me as well. Haven't met a therapist yet who spent time on any calming techniques. One did tell me that if I start having a panic attack, I can put a bag of frozen peas over my eyes and lean over -and that actually did help, lol!
Hopefully my brain's capable of processing things when it comes to the point. When I tried the prolonged exposure therapy, I just had the same reaction every time. No matter how many times we went over the memory. Therapist got annoyed with me, and transferred me to someone else, haha!
Interesting, I think EMDR might be similar to prolonged exposure since in both you are recalling the traumatic event. EMDR may not be for you, but try it once at least. Maybe your bigger concern is with the calming techniques. There a tons of them out there.

I get the bag of peas, but it's not very practical if you have a panic attack while driving to the bank, etc.

Find something that works for you. I use binaural beats and controlled breathing. You can look this stuff up on youtube or reaearch calming techniques.
guy1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Toughcooki