View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Aug 25, 2020 at 12:16 PM

Hello Fuzzi: I see this is your first post here on PC. Welcome to Psych Central.

At the end of your post, you asked if there were "any experience / suggestions on how to break such a viscous addiction cycle, where breaking it would trigger another creative phase for re-making the lost". Unfortunately I believe the reality is there simply is no way to do what you're looking to do. At least not that I'm aware of. The cold hard reality, so to speak, is that fetishes just don't go away... at least not that I know of. The one caveat I could perhaps offer would be that, at least in some cases, the compulsion one feels (in your case for tall women & down jackets) may fade a bit as you age. That doesn't mean it will disappear entirely. But it may no longer be the driving force it is for you now.

I myself am an older man. But I have struggled with my gender identity my entire life plus some other stuff I won't get into. And as with every other MtF transgender person I have ever known or read or heard about, I have collected & then purged myself of women's apparel & accessories more times than I would be able to recall. However as I began to age, say around age 60, I was finally able to leave it behind once & for all (which is not to say the urge isn't still there. It's simply no longer the overpowering compulsion it was.)

So, at least based on my own personal experience, I would have to say that trying to rid yourself of your fetish for tall women & down jackets may well be a losing battle. Sure, you can rid yourself of the things you already have. But, as I think you already realize, it won't be long before you'll be right back at re-accumulating what you disposed of & wishing you hadn't purged yourself of the things you had accumulated to begin with. Perhaps you might try working through your fetish (& the experience that apparently triggered it) at-length & in-depth over a period of time with the help of a mental health therapist who has experience in working with clients who have fetishes. But I'd have to say I've never read about anyone who said they were "cured" of a fetish as a result of engaging in mental health therapy.

I'm sorry I don't have something more useful to offer you on this subject. Perhaps there will yet be other PC members who will have more constructive suggestions to offer. I hope you find PC to be of benefit.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzi32

Thanks for this!
Fuzzi32