View Single Post
Yzen
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
4,766 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 25, 2020 at 08:45 PM

For unsafe people, I think I worry I will be judged as an adversary - someone that is not on their side. That makes me feel threatened. With my brother, he has a certain world view that I don't agree with and being with him makes me feel like he is looking negatively at me. I am not sure why that makes me feel threatened and unsafe. I do have some past history of being hurt by others when I went against their expectations....maybe that all ties in.

Writing that out in words does help, @KBMK. It doesn't seem as big and unknown when you define it.

I also have experienced extra difficulty because I am not interacting with many people these last 6 months. Those that I do see, I have a heighten sense of distrust. I had a repairman at my house that noticed I acted nervous when he came to fix my air conditioner. He called attention to it which made me feel more wary of him. I'm not that way with everyone I meet. I will have to work on building trust and staying calmer around people, including those that I feel judge me.
Yzen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, KBMK, mote.of.soul, RoxanneToto, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
KBMK, SprinkL3