View Single Post
Yzen
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
4,766 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 27, 2020 at 05:54 AM

I have not tried EFT or hypnotherapy. I once contacted a hypnotherapist and asked questions, but could not get myself to make the first appointment. Is it possible to learn EFT on your own? It is interesting that you have great results with Shiatsu and Ayurvedic Yoga Massage. I haven't looked into either. Thanks for sharing those alternatives, KBMK.

One thing that helped with with social anxiety is to imagine and visualize having a friendly, enjoyable encounter with people I am about to meet. I sometimes removes the 'unsafe' feeling I get. I don't always remember to do that and it is difficult when you randomly meet people. For general anxiety, I had great results with acupuncture. When I was getting acupuncture, it gave me calmness and cleared my mind after many of the sessions -- not all. I haven't been back to get acupuncture in more than a year for various reasons. I have practiced meditation and it helps me at times. I've had CBT therapy. Therapy helped me think through situations in my life and manage those situations. My therapists didn't seem to want to dig much into the social anxiety or the root cause of anything. I am not sure why. I tried to talk about how I relate to people and the therapist would focus more solutions for the one situation I encountered instead of working on the root of why I was anxious in the situation to begin with. It could be I haven't the right practitioners to help me.
Yzen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, KBMK, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, KBMK, SprinkL3