Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 27, 2020 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilloche View Post
I miss how easy it was to make friends. I wasn't super popular or extroverted or anything, but it seems like kids just sort of gravitate towards each other or something.

I miss having friends that you could just spend the whole day hanging out with.

I miss the feeling that you could do/be anything, if you tried hard enough. The feeling of wide-open potential.

I miss the feeling that time was moving slowly. As an adult, it seems like years just kind of slip out from under you.

I miss school! It's such a geeky think to say, but I enjoyed (for the most part) my classes, being in class, learning new things, and uh... the validation of good grades

I miss not having to worry about the logistics of life - planning meals, shopping, washing dishes, making sure the bills get paid, making decisions about doctors, therapists, hobbies, etc.

- Pets! I don't have pets as an adult (I've always been a bit nervous about being able to take care of them, and have struggled a little with getting my life to a place where it feels sort of almost stable) - but we had a cat and dog growing up, and they were so much fun.

- An ignorance of politics! Politics in general (no details) is just one of the most depressing things ever, on every single level I can think of. Blech.

I don't know. My parents weren't great parents, so I certainly wouldn't want to go back, if I had the choice. I love the freedom I have now, but I really do miss that feeling that "you can do anything, you just have to try!" - whereas now, I feel like so many doors have closed.
I can just quote and ditto your entire post! I relate to so much of that. I miss that friends are always down to hang out, not this scheduling of working friendship into the week (or month). I really miss my friends...I moved away from all of them, but my bff and I of 15 years remain loyal to each other via call and text. And I still have my pen pal and we just recently skyped. But it is very lonely and now I am starting to put myself out there.
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely