View Single Post
RoxanneToto
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2020
6,991 hugs
given
Default Aug 27, 2020 at 01:03 PM

I miss coming home from school and there being decent, dedicated kid’s shows to watch until teatime (also Saturday morning/evening TV just seemed so much better compared to now). A lot of shows were only on certain days of the week and if you missed them you’d have to wait for the next episode. Being able to watch whatever, whenever has its benefits but it’s kind of made things boring for me, like there’s less to look forward to. I guess I just miss the delayed gratification/less stuff available on demand aspect of life back then.
Tying into this, I miss each day feeling different. Every day feels the same now!
Going for long bike rides as a teenager. The roads feel too dangerous now for me to want another bike, but I loved that sense of freedom.
Drawing used to be genuinely exciting - I made up lots of wild adventures in comic strip form (all lost now) but as I got older, the more serious I took art, and I barely want to do any now. Didn’t help that I started doing craft fairs and was made to feel everything I did had to be for sale.
Going away on holiday in the summer - always to the same place, I was always horribly car sick on the way too but once there we had a great time.
RoxanneToto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely