View Single Post
JBear34

Member Since Aug 2020
Default Aug 28, 2020 at 11:54 AM

Thanks for your response. Here is a little more detail..

I’ve been seeing her for about 7 years. She is a few years younger than me. I am in a sexless marriage. A few weeks ago, I learned that she filed for divorce two years ago. Two weeks ago, she told me she was going on vacation from 8/19 through 8/30. I asked her where she was going, and she told me she was taking a driving trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (I live in the Chicago area).

Somehow, this caused me to become attracted to her when I never was previously (she is an attractive, but not gorgeous woman) If she were married and going with her husband, that wouldn’t have bothered me. But now I am very jealous that she is taking this trip - she has something I don’t have. And I now had sexual fantasies about her and am very depressed. .

I discussed this with her during most recent session (before her trip). She was cool with it. I know I am idealizing her - putting her on a pedestal. She has assured me that my feelings have nothing to do with her. This is just transference. But how do I get over my depression and my obsession with her? My next session is Monday, 8/31.
JBear34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight