View Single Post
guy1111

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Aug 30, 2020 at 08:48 AM

I agree woth Roxanne. I am so sorry for all you've been through! It is really hard to break that bond with him, but I suggest you count it as a blessing. You are finally free! I know from experience being married to a cheater as well. It was really hard for me to let go because I am such a fighter and I literally tried everything to salvage the marriage. As suggested above, I waited a year before I started dating again because we think we know what we want but you usually end up gravitating back towards cheaters or similar characters. It's great that you are comfortable with therapy. I suggest you spend at least a year in therapy on your own. Hopefully you have friends you can lean on. I see you are familiar with addiction groups. Keep going if you can, maybe find a new group that he was not connected to. Sadly alot of people end up hooking up in S.A. Such a dark world.
I know the damage that people can cause to your trust. It was really hard for me to trust any new partners. I re-married and it's still my number one struggle. You must be brave!!!
guy1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes