Default Aug 30, 2020 at 12:17 PM

REFLECTION

M. Got a minute?

C. You bet. What’s on your mind?

M. Lots

C. Go on

M. I think I’m starting to make a breakthrough

C. Go on

M. I’m learning that leaning into loving-kindness and making this my operating system can be the source of sustainable happiness.

C. Go on

M. There are two factors at play. One is shifting my primary focus to other's wellbeing and away from worrying about my challenges. In other words, to make the choice and give myself permission to stop worrying. This does not mean I’m going to be carefree and irresponsible.

C. Go on

M. I realize that I am at my best, most productive, most creative, and happiest when I’m in focused on being loving and kind that I’m at my best.

C. I like that

M. As a Catholic, I pray that God help me be a good disciple. To be kind, wise, patient, and calm. It’s easy to give a compliment. To give a smile. And to do so without any expectation of reciprocation. This latter part is challenging.

C. Why do you say that?

M. I recognize that I have a lot of anger and disappointment and often times feelings of shame. I identify as being an angry person and a worrier. However, I also know that at my core I am a VERY loving person, and that I have been blessed and continue to be blessed with having love in my life.

C. I like where this is headed. Go on.

M. I feel lighter when I’m focused on kindness.

C. Go on

M. Key to all this is surrendering.

C. What do you mean?

M. It’s recognizing that there is a universal force. I call this God.

C. Go on

M. This is challenging because I tend to be analytical, but I can’t deny that I have experienced and witnessed what can only be described divine intervention.

C. Go on

M. I’ll give you a few examples. I was in a car accident in my 20’s. The car was totaled. I was hit by two cars in oncoming traffic on a freeway. Had I not been hit by the second car when it did, my car would have been facing traffic from the driver side. Instead, the second hit was on the passenger side. I didn’t break a bone. My face was scarred but I didn’t break a bone. The car was totaled but I wasn’t.

C. Go on

M. Another example is my not going blind out of my left eye. I had a detached retina and the diagnosis was that we caught it too late. At the time, I was technically blind out of my left eye. I had three surgeries. Long story short, before a meeting with the eye doctor to have my eye evaluated, while I waited alone in the waiting area, I prayed. I prayed to the Virgin Mary my Mom’s favorite. The doctor who wasn’t my regular doctor did a test and said something to effect that I don’t know how but your retina has reattached.

C. Wow.

M. My beloved was born on the exact day I was baptized. N is the love of my life. I’m convinced that my Mom intervened from heaven and brought us together. We grew up in two different countries, but somehow we were brought together.

C. That is amazing. Go on.

M. I’m going to surrender by letting a focus on gratitude, kindness, and Love to take me where it takes me.

C. I like this shift in mindset and heart-set.

M. Thanks

C. Was this helpful?

M. Big time

C. Great. Have wonderful day.

M. Thanks. You too!
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote