View Single Post
ArtieTheSequal
Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,775 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 01, 2020 at 04:41 PM

So sorry that happened. You're so not a monster or an idiot! I agree with SK total failure on the part of your T for his response or lack thereof. Perhaps he was just surprised but still he should be able to recover quickly even so and be able to talk about it with you. It's not an uncommon thing, after all. I have told my t that I love her several (ok many) times and only once she reacted in a way that would have felt bad if I hadn't already known her for so long. I perhaps said it a little more unabashedly than usual (if that's the right word) this one time and she did a surprised-sounding cough and I turned it into a joke and said "are you all choked up now?" and laughed. She said something like "well yes maybe." We talk about my feelings about her and our relationship on a pretty regular basis. I really don't understand why so many t's seem to have a problem talking about this. You'd think it would be a big part of their training as much as it happens. Maybe he'll be able to talk about it in a helpful way after he's thought about it a bit.
ArtieTheSequal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, Lostislost, Quietmind 2