View Single Post
Ladytmt

Member Since Nov 2015
8 hugs
given
Default Sep 03, 2020 at 12:44 AM

[QUOTE=sarahsweets;6924153]I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are going through this. People often use the term "functional alcoholic" but what does that mean exactly? To me there is nothing functional about an alcoholic. I am an alcoholic and have been sober for years and even on my "good days" in the past, in hindsight I would never say I was actually functional.This man is dangerous. Do you have any children together? Does he have kids? It is only a matter of time that he will go from smacking food out of your hand to smacking you.[/

Thanks for your response and congrats on your sobriety. Functional is a tricky term. He works a full time job so maybe thats the “functional” part for him BUT there are problems at work. He has damaged machines. Gotten in trouble for being on his phone etc. and did not take responsibility for any of this he blamed everything he’s been talked to by management on someone else . He gets mad very quickly as well so in essence i guess this really isn’t functional.I truly believe alcohol isn’t enough for him at times and that he has been abusing drugs as well. He won’t admit to it though and gets defensive if questioned about it. As if alcohol isn’t shameful but drugs are. We don’t have kids together but he has 2 kids that he never spends time with all he does is send them money. Dangerous is right. My biggest fear is he will drive drunk and kill someone. He has no problem getting behind the wheel and driving recklessly drunk. He always thinks he’s ok to drive and will. There were times i’ve had to drive back from somewhere with him passed out in the passenger seat because he’s too messed up to drive.
Ladytmt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto