View Single Post
CaptainChaos

Member Since Aug 2020
4 hugs
given
Default Sep 03, 2020 at 12:52 PM

So I have a 3 month old kitten that started drooling Saturday night or sometime Sun day morning. This is a really odd symptom in cats and a very concerning one as well. I live in a very rural area where there isn't access to emergency vet services. I called every vet in our area Monday and could not her seen until Tuesday. The local vet thought she had a CNS infection and sent her home after giving her shots and antibiotics. She actually showed some improvement that day, but yesterday was MUCH worse. I thought I might actually have to euthanize her. Our local vet is a country vet and doesn't do lab work, etc but I called him back anyway. He referred me to a vet in the next town that does, but they couldn't get her in that day. I found one nearby that could. ALL her tests like liver and kidney function, electrolytes, and white blood cell counts were within normal limits, so the vet said she suspected a concussion given the symptoms. Well now my kitty is on anti-inflammatory meds and is doing MUCH BETTER! I just gave her today's dose of the anti-inflammatory med. They said to finish out the antibiotics just in case it actually is an infection. She is still drooling a bit...It is amazing how resilient cats are. Hopefully she is out of the woods. I have no idea how she could have gotten a concussion, but then again who knows what cats do when we are asleep.
CaptainChaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bpcyclist, lizardlady, rechu, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist