View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,276 hugs
given
Default Sep 05, 2020 at 04:41 AM

I've increased my firm's hourly rate twice this summer, and now we're billing over $100/hr. It's a huge accomplishment just to value my contributions at that rate and not feel like an imposter. I know money or pay is not an indicator of worth, but i realized there is something to be said for valuing one's self to the world and showing you do. Since I raised our rates or my rate, really, I've been getting more serious, better quality clients and things are really taking off. I could not have believed I'd be where I am right now 3 years ago, when I got laid off. I'm not absolving them of any wrongdoing in that layoff, which I sued them over (and settled), but 3 years later I'm certainly glad I'm not letting anyone boss me around anymore and that I'm taking all my expertise and letting it work for me instead of for someone else.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, Open Eyes