View Single Post
JBear34

Member Since Aug 2020
Default Sep 05, 2020 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
I've dealt with having romantic feelings for a T as well (in my case, my former marriage counselor, which made it particularly complicated). I know it can be difficult. I agree that talking about it with her is the best way to get through it. How has she responded when you've talked about it? Has she seemed open to talking about it or uncomfortable?
She’s been good about it. The first time we talked, she told me she has issues in her life also. When I said I was jealous of her life, she said she lives a different life, but not necessary better. She did not respond, i.e. did not confirm or deny that she is divorced or that she has a new man in her life. (I told her I assumed she was separated or divorced because she is no longer wearing her engagement or wedding rings, and every time I’ve seen a married woman no longer wearing their rings, it turned out she was getting divorced). She said I was projecting on to her feelings from something else (my sexless marriage?). The next time we met, she started out by making it clear that we don’t talk about her life. This is my therapy. After that, she was good about talking with me about my transference issues. I’m now feeling a little bit of shame that I pried into her personal life.
JBear34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight