View Single Post
Rick7892

Member Since Dec 2013
941 hugs
given
Default Sep 05, 2020 at 07:30 PM

Busymom, sorry that things are difficult. You have your hands full with your family. Special needs kids need extra attention, too. Juggling everybody's else's needs can be draining, and one may lose one's self.

This is a difficult time. So I try not to take others stress personally. That is their stuff and they are may be struggling, too.

I can't control others, but this is a good time for me to learn to and be a better friend to myself. Self-talking kindness to myself as if I was comforting a friend who is struggling helps comfort me. I can do that when no one else is available.

Journaling helps me vent stuff, including awful stuff that I wouldn't want to tell anyone. Journaling helps vent those thoughts and feeling loose so they are not draining me without taking my thoughts and feelings out on others. I can write it down and then throw it away or if it is in a computer, delete the file. Journaling can be done at the tiny breaks in a day.

Talk-venting to myself out-loud or by just moving my lips also helps me vent stuff safely without the requirement of another person who is not available.

I find if I can put my thoughts and feelings into actual words and express them it helps. Others may be able to do this through singing or art.

Prayer and talking to a Higher Power also helps me.

Practicing gratitude for what is available rather than practicing ingratitude for what is not helps me. If I don't feel grateful, I try to look creatively or more deeply to find things for which I can be grateful. In my loneliness, I can be grateful that it is teaching me the value of a good friend rather than just taking good friends for granted.

Making and effort to take and live just one day at a time rather than suffer now by imaging an endless run of days with suffering.

Sending prayers and best wishes your way!

Last edited by Rick7892; Sep 05, 2020 at 07:56 PM..
Rick7892 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, newday2020