View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Sep 05, 2020 at 11:24 PM

Over a week ago my 16 yr. old baby boy died. I'm more depressed than usual. I feel very guilty that I didn't put him down sooner since my husband wanted him to live as long as possible until he was in obvious pain. Surgery couldn't be done since he wasn't strong enough for chemo and he was old anyways.

He lost more than half of his body weight. He was so weak and anorexic the day that I took him in that his back legs were paralyzes. He barely ate for weeks. He did manage to come out of the garage a month an a half after the diagnosis. He'd come out every evening to rest by my husband on the couch.

He stopped coming out a few days before we put him down. I wish that I would've put him out of his misery sooner. I feel awful. He had a stomach tumor. I felt like maybe he wouldn't have gotten sick if I had only gotten the expensive blood tests done on him last year that we couldn't really afford.

I had no way to pay for everything myself, especially since my credit is bad. My husband didn't think those tests were necessary. I should've taken better care of him. I tried. I always brought him in for rabies shots and all the other necessary shots.

He was an indoor cat all of his life, How do cats get stomach tumors? Through diet? Old age? Genetics? He was always healthy and he was only sick once before when he was two months old He had a cold at the shelter which went away quickly with medication.

He died instantly. We're still waiting for his urn. I'm devastated. He was unique, sweet, and he meowed like a baby kitten. He was a beautiful white fluffy manx with sky blue eyes and a fluffy little bunny like tail.

I'll miss my sweet angel for the rest of my life. I'll try to respond to replies a lot quicker next time. I've been off or here for awhile due to being depressed and tired. I hope that he's in a better place now.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
beauflow, CANDC, Goforward, InPain04, pachyderm, possum220, rechu, Rohag, RoxanneToto, Skeezyks, Verity81