View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Sep 06, 2020 at 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
I recently read something that might be of interest. It says something like the fact that you should ask really direct, to-the-point questions in job interviews. This is not to just show that you are a good candidate who is prepared, but it actually helps see if the job is a good fit for you.

For example, it suggested that you don't ask things like "what is the job like?" because they will give you really vague, uninformative answers, or answers like "oh, the job is great", which is somewhat meaningless in terms of assessing a potential job.

But if you ask something more specific, like, "What can you tell me about the person I would report to?" then they'll have to give you a more specific answer. Also they said to talk to as many people as you can from within and outside the organization.

It was kind of interesting to me though because I thought that asking really pointed questions shows disrespect. But I guess maybe it doesn't...
I agree. It is smarter to ask interviewers specific questions rather than vague questions. Or you are just setting yourself up for major letdown, once you get hired and find out its not what you were told.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
WastingAsparagus