FluffyDinosaur
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2019
31 hugs
given
Default Sep 06, 2020 at 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonnachd View Post
You might consider leaving yourself a note about getting on here as soon as possible after the initial series. Processing the experience explicitly seems to help some people recover memories of that time more quickly.
Thank you, I'll be sure to do that! I will probably leave myself some more notes with passwords, what I'm doing at work, people I need to contact, and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonnachd View Post
One moment I would hope you don't go through but might warn your spouse about: At some point in the early days, or so I've been told, I did not recognise my wife. I don't know how that all panned out but it upset her tremendously. So I haven't asked for details about it. Did I ask her who she was? Did everything just come to me? I don't know. I tell you this so that you can warn your family and avoid the fear and pain. Family relationships are important enough that they will come back even when other elements are lost to amnesia.
I have mentioned the possibility to her, though I don't know how she'll react if it actually happens. Did that part of the amnesia last long for you? I'd also hate to forget the birth of my kids and stuff like that, or for that matter, failing to recognize my kids. I'm also a bit worried because we're moving to a new house just before the (suspected) start of the ECT. I wonder if I'll remember where I live.

Last edited by FluffyDinosaur; Sep 06, 2020 at 02:01 AM..
FluffyDinosaur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote