Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 06, 2020 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughcooki View Post
I'd like to offer support.. I think that working through your self-issues is going to be 100% necessary before you can take stock of, and deal with any couple-issues. (put on your oxygen mask before trying to help someone else) Reduction in abusive behavior is great news.
Maybe try to focus on mindfulness and - this seems a bit silly, but... have you considered asking the positive guides for help in getting rid of the negative voices? I mean - if you can get rid of the dark stuff but keep the good stuff, that'd be optimal?
Sorry if any of this is not good advice, please discard anything that is not a help.
Thank you sooo much.

Everything you wrote is helpful.

It's so hard to get into on here in detail due to Guidelines so I will try my best within the Guidelines.

I have to demand that the dark voices leave me alone. I cannot seem to have just the positive ones without the dark ones being present. I tried multiple avenues for the last 12 years and finally had to ask that the channel be closed and shut down and demand that the dark voices cease and desist.

Maybe I experienced something medical and psychological, but it doesn't seem that way at all to me. It very much was spiritual in my own experience.

I agree that I need to get a handle on all of this myself first.

I almost feel like I'm in a spiritual and personal crisis, yet my husband has NO idea. I am acting as though everything is fine.

I told him that I shut down the channeling because it became too overwhelming for me, which it did.

And yes, it's great that the majority of his abuse has stopped.

However, just this morning we had tension over him trying to control and dictate our day. We're headed out of town for the night, and he immediately wanted to dictate what hour we left and how our agenda would be organized for the entire day., without asking for my input OR my approval. I got snappy with him and stated my preferences, yet with tension in my voice.

So this is now what we are facing: his need to control everything, my annoyance and irritation over that, and my desire for him to consider and include my input.
I've already brought this to his attention before: that he needs to include me in planning that involves the both of us.

But it's causing MAJOR tension between us right now, even though we have a nice day and night planned ahead.

And I am irritated by his constant need to control, to tell me what to do and how to do it. I feel myself fighting him on it, getting tense with him, and as a result we are tense with each other.

UGH.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3