View Single Post
PrettyBoy17

Member Since Jun 2020
4 hugs
given
Default Sep 06, 2020 at 03:48 PM

At this point, it seems my social life outside of work is based on Zoom and phone calls, but I really wish I knew how to have a social life in a rural area. In the cities, there were LGBTQ groups, so that was always an option. Here it just seems you have to have family ties, go to church (I find religion upsetting to be honest and I wouldn't feel comfortable there), or maybe go to a downtown bar (I have no idea how safe that is and technically I'm not really supposed to drink, but maybe that's the only option?)

It seems like the only things to do around here are golf (not interested), camping (I'm interested, but I would need supplies and a social group first), or school sporting events (which I go to anyway as it's part of my extra duties as a teacher...so I'm still in the "teacher" role for that).

So I'm wondering if anyone else here that lives in a rural area (or has) has any insight on how to build a social group when you have no family ties in the area and no interest in going to a church.
PrettyBoy17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
zapatoes