View Single Post
sky457

Member Since Oct 2017
1,089 hugs
given
Default Sep 06, 2020 at 10:41 PM

First girlfriend I dated with ASD. She was beautiful on the inside and out.....she was caring and kind....but she had significant anger and communication problems. I love her dearly, but I knew it wasn’t meant to be. It was a messy breakup where she said a lot of mean and hurtful things over the phone. This was yesterday.

I miss her so much but she is unable to emotionally fix problems that came up. I always had to do the heavy lifting, get both sides’ thoughts, make sure that we could move past a situation, and stay positive about it. She did not have the capacity or understanding to do it. She would withdraw, cry, pass the blame on me, or not talk about it. Occasionally she would make an inappropriate or mean remark.

I talked to her about it a lot but then she started saying that she didn’t want to be the monster in the relationship. She didn’t want to be the villain....etc...instead of addressing the issues at hand.

There are a lot of moments that she treated me very well and she really loved me....it was a slight imbalance...she had stronger feelings for me. I had lesser because I was the brunt of her emotional frustration. I kept trying to see if things would get better....they kind of did....then they hit rock bottom....we’re dealing with really bad forest fires, the pandemic, and horrible heat. She started to take tough classes and then it all went to heck...She started snapping at me....and chipping away at me again.....

I had it....and now it’s done. I called her and her emotions were first stone cold, then she went to blaming and trying to make me feel guilty about things that were not true....then she started crying.....and that was it...

I was going into the call leaning towards breaking up.....but I still was hoping we could recover and talk it through.....that she could apologize without blaming me.....

I miss her so much....I don’t want to walk away from her....but it’s probably better for the both of us to part.....I wish I could be with her without anger issues....

I need help and support....I’m in tears....
sky457 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Buffy01, eclairparty98, RoxanneToto, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Buffy01