View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,221 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 07, 2020 at 10:55 AM

I had wanted to reply when I first read your thread. But I was hesitant because I didn't know what to say that could be helpful to you. Well, I have something to say about myself but I don't know if it could be of help to you. So here it goes.

I live in a top-10 most populated metropolitan city in the US. Recently I've heard that so many people are leaving the cities and moving to more rural areas. Probably because of Covid 19. I personally have wanted to move out of where I am for a rural area for quite a while before this madness happened. I have a particular place in mind where I want to visit to see if I want to move there. I haven't been able to leave because of this virus thing.

I would have to say that people tend to be very conservative in a rural area. That's why there's a debate about the Electoral College vs. the Popular votes; so that people in rural areas can get fair representation. Well anyways, politics aside, I personally think that it would be very difficult for someone alone, be it LGBT or single and alone to fit into a rural area. It tends to be very family orientated.

I want to move to a rural area because I'm fed up with city life. Yes, it may be lonely for me to live in the sticks all by myself. I live in a small apartment complex that's 55+ mostly and haven't connected with anyone, so I feel just as alone now as I would if I moved. What I look forward to, as of now in my mind, is peace and quiet and not having to put up with other people.

I'm sorry if I don't have an answer or suggestion for you. I've heard of cases where people moved out of a city for country living and then ended up moving back to the city because they felt very lonely and missed their friends.
will19 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote