View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,221 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 07, 2020 at 10:55 AM

I had wanted to reply when I first read your thread. But I was hesitant because I didn't know what to say that could be helpful to you. Well, I have something to say about myself but I don't know if it could be of help to you. So here it goes.

I live in a top-10 most populated metropolitan city in the US. Recently I've heard that so many people are leaving the cities and moving to more rural areas. Probably because of Covid 19. I personally have wanted to move out of where I am for a rural area for quite a while before this madness happened. I have a particular place in mind where I want to visit to see if I want to move there. I haven't been able to leave because of this virus thing.

I would have to say that people tend to be very conservative in a rural area. That's why there's a debate about the Electoral College vs. the Popular votes; so that people in rural areas can get fair representation. Well anyways, politics aside, I personally think that it would be very difficult for someone alone, be it LGBT or single and alone to fit into a rural area. It tends to be very family orientated.

I want to move to a rural area because I'm fed up with city life. Yes, it may be lonely for me to live in the sticks all by myself. I live in a small apartment complex that's 55+ mostly and haven't connected with anyone, so I feel just as alone now as I would if I moved. What I look forward to, as of now in my mind, is peace and quiet and not having to put up with other people.

I'm sorry if I don't have an answer or suggestion for you. I've heard of cases where people moved out of a city for country living and then ended up moving back to the city because they felt very lonely and missed their friends.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote