View Single Post
Amethyst_Stargazer

Member Since Oct 2016
56 hugs
given
Default Sep 07, 2020 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzen View Post
I have noticed much of my anxiety socially is around people I don't know well and people I feel judge me. For example, I have neighbors that I only met once and I have a real fear of having to interact with them. Another neighbor I have known for years and I don't mind seeing them. In my family, I have a brother that I feel judges me. I have some of that same anxiety with him and dread seeing him.

It is as if I label people as 'safe' and 'unsafe'. Socially, I can interact with the 'safe' people and even enjoy it. I try to avoid the 'unsafe' people and am filled with anxiety when I do interact with them. Not knowing someone isn't a reason to feel anxiety with them, is it? I could understand feeling that way with someone that I feel judges me. There is a distrust.
I actually had an episode earlier this week, so trust me your not alone. I got off vibes about this person and I had a lot of anxiety. It could also be a gut feeling your getting and feel anxious about that certain someone. I know if I don't know the person very well, I get anxiety and sometimes I just get bad feelings around that person. I noticed my anxiety went away the moment I cut off all contact with this person and I haven't felt any anxiety since than. This could be the case or it could just be your anxiety. Just talk to your doctor about it and tell them exactly what your feeling. Have you tried meditating at all? It has helped me a lot. This may or may not have helped you, but I hope you feel better in the future.
Amethyst_Stargazer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, SprinkL3, Yzen

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3, Yzen