View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Sep 08, 2020 at 12:10 AM

I think I'm what's called an HSP (highly sensitive person). I'm not sure if some of thee people I used to know were very insensitive or if I'm just too sensitive as they told me.

I have been told a few times by former friends and my stoic husband that I'm to sensitive, to whiny, to emotional, etc....

I'll give some examples of how they think that I'm to sensitive and how I overreact according to them:

1) One male friend went out with me and his g.f a few years ago and went bar hopping after his mentally abusive sick dad died. They took care of him for years. Anyways, at one sleazy bar this drunk woman rubbed her boobs against my back and I was in shock, so I didn't say anything.

A few minutes later I told my friend what happened when he was playing pool and he laughed and told me that I should take it as a compliment. I was mad. Then I got upset and said that I wanted to leave and then he got really pissed at me and he yelled at me and how I was ruining his fun.

Needless to say, we stopped talking soon after that. His g.f did nothing.

I doubt he'd think it was funny if a guy did that ti him.

2) This older female friend liked going out to bars and hotels, and one time I was with her, she took me to this horrible dump. The female bartender there was cool though and she kept drinking shots with us. Anyways, she invited her and a guy at the bar back to the hotel she was paying for.

The female bartender assaulted me outside a liqour store. She grabbed my arm and wouldn't let go. I don't know why she did that. My friend was a block away and didn't hear me when I yelled for help. That guy at the bar was there and he did nothing. A group of young guys were there and they did nothing either. I was stuck in a bad neighborhood I didn't know late at night.

Despite all that, she let them both in the hotel room we were sharing and when I tried to kick them out, she said she paid for the room! I told her what happened. They followed me back there and she let them in! I didn't think to call the cops right away as I was in shock! She let them stay and I went to the bedroom and cried. I stopped talking to her soon after that too.

She told me that it's a good way to meet people and that I'm the problem!

3) I thought that a necklace I liked on a trip was stolen by the maid. My friend didn't care about that as it was just a necklace and that the maids job was a lot more important than my necklace. She kept on bringing up that story for months and how she had no empathy for me as I was overreacting. She said it's just stuff. I complained about things to management anyways. It turned out I misplaced it, but I did apologize about the misunderstanding.

4) My husbands mom slapped me hard on my back one time in Reno when my husband and his dad were standing far behind us. I almost fell over in a secluded area and then she laughed in my face. I then told her that she could be arrested for assault. She's from a different country and I'm from the U.S.

She shut up after that and then she went and told my husband that I yelled at her because she gave me a 'friendly' slap on the back and threatened her! He then yelled at me and threatened to leave me there. I didn't have much money or enough credit to rent a room or get a flight back home. She never apologized for anything.

I banned her from our house. I haven't seen that witch in over 20 years. He's a big momma's boy, so he would always visit them once every one or two years.

I honestly think all of the above people were very insensitive and nasty. Why would they treat me like that? They seemed nice at first. Then I realized that they're all controlling people and I didn't do what they wanted, so that's why they did what they did?

Only my male friend wasn't controlling, but I did suspect is an alcoholic and a former or current sex addict as he told me to go out and have sex after I told him I was having issues in my marriage. He said it's just sex and that he used to be a male slut. He even wish that he was single even though he loved his g.f as he missed dating lots of women.

I'd appreciate any insights into why sensitive people are sometimes bullied and mistreated.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Kriss, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
alittlelikemusic