View Single Post
slkisstephanie

Member Since Apr 2008
Default Apr 27, 2008 at 02:31 PM

Now his mother wants to do a pageant that we already had planned for the youngest.May 20th. And of course she wants to do it all...not sponsor her ...do it all. I have never asked her to do that for the youngest. She hasn't asked to come to the oldest's Volleyball games???This is stepping on my toes big time.Why would she not even come to 3 or 4 pageants (when the youngest has continued to do pageants and gave up all the other activity's to them solely!!) in 4 years for the daughter that has been doing them. The oldest quit on her own. Just recently said she wants to try one.That she wanted to do a small one just to get her toes wet. And she has helped and watched my niece do them for 4 years. My sister- in -law and her have put on 4 pageants this year. Never inviting her granddaughter's to them.And all of a sudden want to do it all for her? I think something stinks. I had it out with my husband. Because he is sooo put in the middle. And I am sad that I make him feel like he has to put me 1st. before his own mother. He does...but what is he going to say to her? Ohhh...Stephanie thinks its not fair? ANd then she can come back with some comment like...it's not always about (insert my daughters name here)?? Becasue believe me...while I sit here and cry...I've heard that plenty.
Will my sister -in-law be in tow??? While I'm doing it all for the other? The relasonship between my step-daughter and I is great. WOuldn't the youngest be sad that Nanny was doing all this for sissy and never for her? And the oldest...won't she feel like I am making the youngest feel more special?While I stand beside her and do all this for my child. I took them both to a state pageant a few years back...had to raise over 1,000.00 to go. Plus food and hotel and hair and make-up. ANd 10 outfits and 10 pairs of shoes, pack it all. Make portfolios of them both. And chorograph 2 winning talents! I am just overwhelm in the fact...that I can't win. My husband can't win. ANd I don't want his family to win. Over and over and over...they hurt feelins...and not just mine. They disappoint, the stab us in the back and talk about us. I have tried to have no contact...and look what happens. I really don't want this to end my marriage. But, I can't contiune this anymore. I don't want them around me. I know deep down my husband just wants thier approval ..and I don't know if he will ever get that with me and my daughter in his life.
Because after 13 years...I still carry that Scarlet Letter about my chest.
slkisstephanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote