View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 09, 2020 at 01:13 AM

Hey @DazedandConfused254: I hate to be so blunt but this person needs to be cut out of your life. Persisting in borrowing even after you are told no, is a form of a toxic friendship. It means that your standing in their eyes is firmly on your ability to give them what they want. Has he ever paid you back? Has he ever been there when you really needed him? Is he reliable? My guess is no to all those questions. When you say no to someone for requests that you are not comfortable with it is tempting to give an explaination. "I cant loan you money because I only work part time now and my hours were cut"
"I cant give you money because I have this or that to fix". This friend is not owed an explanation. No, is the only thing you need to say followed maybe by "Im not comfortable with that". Remember 'No' is a complete sentence. Personally I feel this persons' true colors are showing and i feel like you might have less stress and hassle if they were told in no uncertain terms that you are pulling back due to their requests and inability to take the word no for an answer.

Toxic friends are like toxic waste. They both need to get dumped.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
DazedandConfused254

Thanks for this!
DazedandConfused254, Innerzone, RoxanneToto