View Single Post
JBear34

Member Since Aug 2020
Default Sep 10, 2020 at 10:30 AM

Wow! I really miscalculated! Met with my therapist yesterday. I told her that I was feeling better and my feelings for her are beginning to fade. She told me that she is uncomfortable with my feelings, that I crossed a line, and was making the therapy about her rather than about me. I asked her if she had seen transference in other clients - I guess I was hoping she would say yes and tell me it is not uncommon. Instead, she said that she was not going to answer that question. Her demeanor was totally changed from what I had seen the previous seven-plus years I had been seeing her. She was cold, clearly uncomfortable, and distant. She said she could no longer provide good therapy for me. She, in effect, fired me as a client. This was quite devastating. Every thing I have read, including material written by therapists, said that I should talk about my feelings, and that a good therapist will handle transference well and try to find out what is really behind it. Not this therapist. So I guess she is not a good therapist. I think what she has done is deplorable and unprofessional. She made me out to be the bad guy who victimized her. She emailed me some names of other therapists I could see. But I’m not going to get referrals elsewhere, since the first thing I will discuss with my new therapist is the bad ending with my previous therapist. I don’t want to talk about my experience with someone who is acquainted with my previous therapist. I am in shock.
JBear34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FlowerFlower, justaname4me2, Oliviab, SlumberKitty