View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default Sep 10, 2020 at 06:35 PM

Since I just had my first I wanted to comment here.

On the prep... there have been improvements. I took a 64 oz (total) split prep. It was ONLY gatorade and mirilax, which was tasteless. It was 32 oz at a time and an absolute breeze to drink. If you like gatorade you will like this. I had no nausea, I had no cramps, I had no illness. I just had to go to the bathroom almost every hour and I got zero sleep. While that sounds terrible... I put on a tv series I had wanted to watch and it made things much better. You can have coffee so I had that. I think the key to prep is preparing properly not eating food for a while before and making sure you stay hydrated.

The procedure itself was a breeze. I was disappointed to find out I would not be "put out" I was given conscious sedation. And I am afraid it didn't work at all. I remember every single bit of it. And I felt pretty much everything. However, any pain I felt was nothing at all. There was some "pain" at first but it felt like I just had to go to the bathroom really bad for like 1 or 2 seconds and then it was gone. I felt nothing when they removed polyps and I feel it was done safely as it was done by a "snare" they put a string / noose around the polyp and tighten it this would seem reduce the risk of perforation. I watched the entire thing on the TV. It kind of was mesmerizing. They gave me a piece of paper with photos of my polyps and where in the colon they were located.

When they took me out of the room I remember it and was fully awake. I didn't have to be "brought out" of anything. I wanted to leave immediately but the nurse made me stay for 15 minutes. I didn't need it. I got dressed and I was gone. I had zero trouble, walking, conversing, or telling my ride how to get home and staying awake on the ride home. When I got home I did go to sleep but that was from not getting any sleep the night before.

They removed 6 polyps I think that probably is reasonable given it is the first time ever. I am waiting on the pathology but I suspect they don't suspect any problems.. no one mentioned anything to me.

Would absolutely do it again.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna