View Single Post
JBear34

Member Since Aug 2020
Default Sep 11, 2020 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelyinmyheart View Post
I'm so sorry this happened. It makes me so cross when I hear about therapists reacting this way, it's completely unprofessional and shows where she's lacking proper training. The feelings you described are so common! I'm glad you're aware that she is the one with the issue rather than your feelings as a lot of clients sadly aren't. As Lonesome said, she clearly can't separate your feelings from her reaction to your feelings so she thinks you're making it about her whereas she is the one making it about her. Therapy stirs up all kinds of feelings for clients about the therapist and a good therapist is trained and emotionally capable of sitting with whatever comes up without taking it personally. I'm glad you're going to see someone else and I agree with Lonesome about mentioning a bad therapy experience to any potential therapist to see how they react. I hope you find a good one next time.
Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I already have an appointment with a new therapist.
JBear34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
justaname4me2, LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
*Beth*