Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 11, 2020 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
Thanks..he blocked me on IG then I blocked him in the event he unblocks me and tries to reach out again when he’s bored or lonely. He knows he lied to me instead of manning up he just blocked me. It’s super hard right now, but I’m not reaching out. He is narcissistic which his former therapist confirmed but said it in a different way...so this is his typical game. Expects me to chase him, apologize, beg him to talk to me. And he always talks to me again but only after I’ve worn myself out emotionally. I’m getting nothing out of this friendship and all it has done is made me feel more and more alienated. Yeah sure he gave mf loads of attention before stuff started to reopen, but as of September 2, our state started reopening more things..I just don’t like feeling like I’m an outsider and he always managed to make me feel like a nobody.
You have to ask yourself repeatedly: WHY would I bother contacting or following someone who makes me feel like a nobody? What am I getting out of it except for more self punishment, bad feelings and more misery? WHY keep putting your hand to the burner that hurts you again and again and again? You have to stop yourself and ask these questions the next time you are tempted to unblock, reach out, follow or pursue him in any way. It's just plain harmful, and after a while, it's truly masochistic. Please think about what I am saying. GO NO CONTACT for real, and make it permanent. He is NOT worthy of you.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote