Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
Default Sep 14, 2020 at 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
Thank you to everyone who is sending healing vibes to California, Oregon, Washington, etc. We appreciate it immensely and need all we can get. Where I am, in NorCal, we're supposed to get gusty winds tomorrow. That could blow some of the smoke out to the Pacific. Unfortunately, winds also fan fires.

Personally, I'm feeling kind of down today. It's one of those days when everywhere I look there seems to be a locked door. I'm sure the weeks of smoke are getting to me, never seeing a sun or a moon, just filthy, stinking air. And all the devastation, of course. There's surely a collective unconscious of despair out here right now.

And covid. Some days I feel able to handle it all, wait it out. Today...March seems like many years ago. Another year-plus of this feels un-doable. All the little perks that make life sparkle, even putting together an outfit to go to my therapy appointment, just the silly little bits of life. I'm realizing that I no longer can find the motivation to go anywhere. I mean, I'm still in recovery from the achilles surgery, true. But...oh, just feeling down and wish it was bedtime already.

HUGS all 'round
Between the fires and covid you and your fellow west coasters have it deal with, I would think it almost like living in a figurative war zone. I feel so bad about the "collective unconscious of despair" you wrote about.

I wish there was more that the rest of the country could do to help calm the fires. If there is, I hope it soon gets fully offered.

Hugs

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bpcyclist, Innerzone