Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2017
331 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 14, 2020 at 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
Yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from @Medusax. I do.

If you don't mind me saying, the fact is, as you know, we share this world with a whole plethora of different types of people. It's quite scary actually, knowing that a lot of people - probably even people you think you know well, or at least trust - might be secretly harboring some very sinister ways. You read about this kind of thing, time and time again.

Anyway, rather than pack your things and go off to live in the hills - which is completely understandable, even justified, imo - one thing I do to mitigate the pain of when people disappoint, is to look at the times in my own life where my own behavior was less than perfect. I'm not saying you've been an awful person, but perhaps - right or wrong - at one time you've had a similar negative effect on someone else's appraisal of the human race - after all, no one's perfect. I don't expect you to answer that question but I'm just saying - that's something I reflect on, to regain a perspective on people or on this world of human affairs - life.

It's like, to me, other peoples negativity can be a reflection of our own souls, and this can help us (me) to grow.
I've not always been the most pleasant person and I am STILL not. BUT......I can assure you that I have never even thought of stealing from someone.