Member Since Mar 2013
9,563 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 14, 2020 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

Big wfc. To borrow a phrase from FuzzyBear...GRRRRRRRR

To me, that child's mother is an abuser. Sickening to force her son to suffer like he does.

My mother was a hoarder, too. For my entire life I heard those words: I have to go through them. My entire life, besides her severe and untreated mental illness I had to deal with her obsession with her boxes of stuff she "had to go through."

Well, when she died she left towers of boxes of crap she never "went through." And my sisters and I threw it all out or donated it. Sad.
I mean, the mother says it’s because he’s been medicated since he was five and she wants to see who he truly is and get a thorough evaluation, which I understand. But still. I know from experience that the right medication can change your life. It’s unnecessary to suffer for so long. I hope the eval comes soon and he can be started on something, anything to start to take his pain away.

When my mother dies everything goes straight in the trash. There is absolutely nothing there that is of any sentimental value to my brother and I. Our childhood was miserable. I don’t want to be reminded of it in any way, and I’m sure my brother feels the same. A few years ago I went through all the physical photos (don’t know where those have ended up) and salvaged all the ones of my father and my brother. I put them in a collage frame as a gift for him. I know it means a lot to him. My nana had boxes upon boxes of photos that my cousin is currently digitizing and then he will pass them out to the appropriate family members. I will pass all the ones of our father onto my brother, and probably just stick the rest in a box somewhere for My son when he’s older. I don’t want to look at them at all. They hold no joy.

That’s life. If nothing else, that is life. It’s real. Sometimes it
f—-ing hurts. But it’s sort of all we have.
-Garden State

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, bpcyclist, Innerzone, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist