View Single Post
childofchaos831
Elder

Member Since Nov 2016
15 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 15, 2020 at 10:04 PM

I take Propranolol (Inderal is the brand name in the US) as needed for anxiety. It's technically a beta blocker, which slows the pulse and lowers blood pressure, so it works for my body symptoms better. I get racing heart and palpitations and quick breathing when I have panic attacks. I'm also on a form of gabapentin for nerve pain, that takes the edge off my anxiety, I've noticed, from when I don't take it. Sometimes, in the hospital, I don't have it and the doctor doesn't order a replacement.

Vistaril (hydroxyzine) didn't really work that well for me, but it did help. It's an antihistamine, like Benadryl (diphenhydramene). Not too sure how that one works to lower anxiety, honestly.

Valium and Klonipin worked the best for me. Both are benzodiazepines, which are designed as anti-anxiety medicines. I can't take either now, due to addiction and substance abuse issues.

Diagnoses:
PTSD with Dissociative Symptoms, Borderline Personality Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
childofchaos831 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote