View Single Post
Anonymous43372
Anonymous43372 has no updates. Edit

Default Sep 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM

For your insomnia:

Use black out curtains. Or, put dark cloth over your windows to block out the light. It works!!

For your angst, ennui (i.e. "boredom"), or Weltschmerz (i.e. "world pain:"):

How to Tell Whether You've Got Angst, Ennui, or Weltschmerz | Mental Floss.

You could be suffering from existential dread because you are 18 and completely dissatisfied with your life (totally normal). You could be suffering from a feeling of ennui, or feeling of emptiness about your life.

You could be suffering from "world pain" which is your emotional response to your current circumstances in your world i.e., you live at home and feel restricted and constricted by your parents. Which is why you want to move out.

Basically, your insomnia is a side effect of all the angst, ennui, and emotional turmoil you're experiencing as an 18 year old. Pretty common for that age, b/c you are transitioning from young adulthood to adulthood and so it's a sort of philosophical growing pain that you're going through.

You haven't finished creating your core identity yet; you haven't established yourself in the world yet as a fully developed adult. So, you are having trouble sleeping, turning off your mind.

First thing, address your inner thoughts with some kind of therapeutic tool. Could be writing/typing a blog or a journal (private or public). Could be through physical exercise/activity like sports or running or swimming etc. Create a routine for yourself.

Routine is everything. It will help you stay focused. Set goals for yourself -- realistic goals and try to achieve them in SMALL steps that are realistic for you based on what resources you have at your disposal (a job, a place to live, a savings/checking account).

And read some philosophy and some meditation articles or books. That will help you a lot. Being young is hard esp. with this pandemic going on.

When I was your age, there was no pandemic. There was just 1980s music and pop culture and acne and peer pressure and high school. Give yourself some credit, ok?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
teenagemutant