Thread: At My Wits End
View Single Post
quietlylost
quietlylost has no updates.

3 yr Member
1 hugs
given
Default Sep 16, 2020 at 07:26 AM

I would also suggest looking into resources through the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). It's like an Al-Anon for mental health. It provides support and education to family and loved ones of those with mental illness. There are chapters all over, and there's a good chance there's a local support meeting that you could take part in. Sometimes it helps to speak with other families or people who have been in similar situations.

I would echo what was said. This is his problem to fix, not yours. However, it is your responsibility to protect yourself and take care of yourself. You don't want to be pulled down with him, and also don't want managing his depression and behavior to be your main purpose in life. Definitely get the support you need from others, whether that's friends, family, or professionals. Also there are books and podcasts out there, as well as other tips for how to encourage someone to seek care. You may eventually have to determine what your bottom line and boundaries are. Good luck!
quietlylost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*