poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2020 at 02:53 AM

Well, yesterday was interesting!

After enduring over an hour on Saturday where my mother barely drew breath when criticising my aunt and the possibility of it ending in a disagreement with her. Yesterday she started on the subject again. Now we're in local covid restrictions again, my aunt cannot visit.

I repeated the same as said on Saturday; it was up to her to discuss with my aunt as I couldn't provide any answers. Also, I wasn't there when my aunt said what she said or at subsequent discussions between them on the subject. First, I was not interested then it escalated into the usual accusations.

When I said I was going home, mother then started on the emotional stuff. How I suddenly hated her and how could I leave her when she was so upset. If this had just started to happen, then it could be perceived I'm being hard, but this has been going on for a while now. When I said I was phoning my aunt, she pleaded/begged me not to do it, becoming almost hysterical. Was asked if I was still going to help her, my reply was don't know at the moment, I'm not accepting this behaviour so going home to think about it.

My final question before leaving was "now you've alienated both the people who've helped you a lot, who is now going to do it?" Her immediate answer (no time taken to think about the answer) was my brother and sister-in-law. I just stopped myself from saying good luck with that one!

How much of this is someone supposed to absorb before saying enough is enough. It's difficult because of covid, when you've provided the bubble to make sure she still gets food and checks on her welfare. I know I've talked about this so much now but just can't believe this behaviour
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote