View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2020 at 07:14 AM

My neurologist dislikes my pdoc's current treatment plan. I take 20mg of Geodon daily. It is the lowest dose possible, but my neurologist went on a tangent about how dangerous APs are and that I shouldn't be on one regularly if I'm only intermittently psychotic. He recommended I only take it as needed and not take anything during my stable periods as my current time between episodes is 20 months or so.

He then went on to say that if I felt like I needed to be on a maintenance med that I should try Lamictal. He said that would help to keep any abnormal electrical activity in my brain under wraps and it would stabilize my mood. He also said it is safer for the body than Geodon.

I researched it briefly and saw it is helpful for depression. I have never been depressed. I am worried it might be activating for me and send me into mania. I do not really have mood swing issues regularly and stay euthymic most of the time.

Also, it seems like there are plenty adverse side effects from taking Lamictal. Any ideas as to why he might consider it to be safer for me?

I am very sensitive to meds and I have reservations about trying something new. Any thoughts you all have are most welcome. I speak to my pdoc again next week and I want to be prepared before we discuss all of this.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Fuzzybear