View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.9k hugs
given
Default Sep 17, 2020 at 10:59 AM

Just adding this for myself. I have kept the door open for this person because I don't like closing doors on people.

However I met with a mutual friend today and without my prompting my mutual friend talked about several observations on this other friend we have in common. I didn't talk openly about the upset me and this other friend had (it isn't fair to involve others) but they have separately reached very strikingly similar conclusions about this friend's behaviour. That this person has poor boundaries and low emotional intelligence to quote our mutual friend.

It was validating that someone who similarly knows this person has also felt the same way about this person. It felt a bit disloyal talking about them when they weren't there but it helped to see I have not imagined or exaggerated some of the things that bothered me about them.

It did help me process, the door is still open but I will keep stronger boundaries with this person. I allowed them to previously violate my boundaries and that was my poor choice.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, RoxanneToto, TunedOut, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
jesyka, RoxanneToto