View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 19, 2020 at 09:32 AM

Hey @learninglady I just wanted to chime in that there are NO tests for adhd. Yes, there are evaluations but no approved tests. So if you are dismissed or told you do not have it seek a second opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learninglady View Post
Hi there! I'm new here and am awaiting my results from my ADHD test. I do ALL the same things you listed your former friend does. I only realized this a few months ago when I was watching TikTok. A video was shown to me about some ADHD symptoms and it hit me that I did all the things. I'm 45 and my life FINALLY makes sense! Why I'm an underachiever, have low self-esteem, am overly sensitive with criticism and feedback, can't focus (or am hyper-focused, interrupt people, finish their sentences for them, why I have about 10 projects going at one time and never finish any of them. I think I learned from young age how to do what's expected at times but it takes A LOT of energy to do so.

If what happened with your friend can be salvaged, I'm sure she would appreciate you reaching out. Not that you have to be best friends or anything, but clearly you cared enough about your friendship to reach out here.

My experience is that I have a difficult time with relationships in general and therefore I don't have any close friends. I don't want to allow anyone to know the "real me" because I'm afraid they'll see all my flaws and reject me. So I guard my heart and don't let anyone in because the pain of rejection is far worse the the pain of loneliness.

Good luck to you!

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote