View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 19, 2020 at 11:20 AM

Awww... Come on now, you know it isn't that black and white.

This is only what I think... And I use the word think because nobody can really know for sure, can they?

It is my belief we are created in the image of the creator. Therefore, there is a piece of that creation in us and we are then connected to the whole at all times. From that perspective, every breath you take is a communication with the creator. Every action. Every thought. Its all talking with the creator. It is a constant feedback loop.

That said, many throughout history are said to have the ability to interact with their creator in a more direct way. They see, or hear, or feel on another level altogether. Is this really the creator talking? I don't know. What I can say is there is a portion of the temporal lobe that lights up like a Christmas tree during these types of experiences. I can also say those who use this portion of the brain have been known to offer some of the most inspiring messages of our time.

Now in the case of BP and schizophrenia, the same area lights up during psychosis. Does that mean the information gathered is not from the creator? Maybe, but the thing that is 100% true is that the information gathered passes through a very unhealthy and unbalanced filter. So what may be a message of support and love could be wildly misinterpreted. What might be meant to be symbolic could be taken literally.

This is what happens to me when I am sick. My subconscious mind takes over and it speaks in symbols, but I try to process it with my conscious mind and I take it literally. Things generally go off the rails at that point.

I think a good rule of thumb is to test anything you receive against your own moral structure. If you know without a doubt something is dangerous or wrong normally, don't do it. If you know it will cause harm, don't do it. Sit with it, maybe look for deeper meaning, but do not act. Same if you are unwell and you get a command of sorts you think will save the world or bring ultimate harmony or whatever. Sit with it. It's possible that message is just meant for you internally and you interpreted it externally. When we are in psychosis, we tend to project outwardly.

For those of us who have this special blend of psychosis it is good to engage a trusted buddy before we act. Get a second opinion. If God really does speak to you, it is also conceiveable a God like imposter could as well. Talking things like this over with others can save us from making huge mistakes.

As for my own belief system, an all powerful all knowing entity should never have need for me to harm myself or others. That entity should have no need for gain or power. Anything along those lines is a huge red flag.

I hope this helps a bit. Feel free to expand on any specific communications you're struggling with.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, bpcyclist, Daonnachd, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
bizi, bpcyclist