Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 20, 2020 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMystery View Post
I'm super glad you started this thread!!!! I've been vegetarian for years. I am because I love animals too much to want to kill them and eat them. Plus, it's hard to get meat that is raised humanely, although it is possible to find that. The only "meat" I eat is oysters, and I have not yet justified/unjustified eating oysters. I have learned to eat very well as a vegetarian. For breakfast, I have oatmeal with hemp hearts and 1 tsp of brown sugar, with a little bit of almond milk poured over it. For lunch almost every day I have an Amy's brand frozen bowl. Can you get those where you live? They are delicious and have lost of vegetables in many of them. I also eat canned vegetables with every meal, including breakfast. I have a small supper. Sometimes it's a can of Amy's brand soup, sometimes it's low fat unsweetened yogurt with added hemp hearts and 1 level tablespoon of glucose. I don't have sugar or honey in the house anymore only glucose/dextrose and brown sugar which I keep for my oatmeal. I found out recently from my pdoc that I've put on 15 lbs since 2017 when I started Mirtazapine. I'm going to have surgery on Sept. 30, but after I recover I told my pdoc that I insist on getting off Mirtazapine, and maybe Remeron, too, and find a different med. I told her I made a decision years ago never to take medication that put weight on me. I'm very unhappy to know that I have put on 15 lbs. I thought I had "only" put on 8 lbs recently. I'll read some of the other posts to see if there are any vegetarians on this thread. I'm not at all interested in becoming vegan.
Thanks!! Will check out Amy's.