View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 21, 2020 at 12:44 PM

I talked to my psychiatrist today. We discussed all of my options and came up with a strategy. I'm grateful to have a plan that addresses some of my concerns.

We decided to taper off the Geodon. I've had twitching and involuntary tongue movements while on it, so that could be the start of TD. He said he could put me on another med for TD, but I hate the idea of treating side effects when there are other options.

He was comfortable with my not taking anything again and then using Geodon as a prn should any of the psychosis symptoms appear. Depending on the length of time between said possible future episodes, we may transition me to Abilify full time if it becomes clear it is needed. We both agreed Lamictal is probably not right for me given my lack of depression and anxiety symptoms.

I plan to be very vigilant in tracking my status everyday and I worked out a plan to have my husband review my tracking weekly to look for any discrepancies. I figure if his perception of me is off from my own, that's a red flag. He is comfortable with all of this and happy to help.

I will continue to see my pdoc monthly for now and will also continue my monthly therapy sessions. I will of course call my pdoc right away if any psychotic sympyoms creep up while I'm off the Geodon. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy a long period of stability following this taper. My liver likes the idea of taking a med break.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in. It was helpful to toss around ideas before I met with my doctor.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bpcyclist, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist