View Single Post
Amyjay
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2017
692 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 22, 2020 at 04:45 AM

Oh my goodness! This sounds exactly like my first impression of my current T! I had to leave ex t when she went on maternity leave, and I was not feeling receptive to new T at all. In addition, she was like you described above. I couldn't stand the way she looked at me with pitying puppy dog eyes as though I was some poor fragile creature dragged in off the street. But, despite my distaste, I stuck with her because ex-T had chosen her for me because of her high level of expertise, and I just didn't know who else I could see.

It's three years on now and I couldn't tell you if she still looks at me with those pitying simpering eyes... if she does, I have become accustomed to her manner of being and I no longer interpret it that way. Although she is still quiet and quite acquiescent in nature she has strengths I did not know about, and neither did I know I needed her to have them. I think this T is actually perfect for me.

So... just saying... if I had left after my first impression of her (actually that feeling probably lasted for a couple months) I would have missed out on a gem.
Amyjay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Fuzzybear