Thread: Tea or Water
View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
Smile Sep 23, 2020 at 03:57 PM

Well... I drink tea as well as water. Of course there are different types of tea. Without going into a lot of detail, there are black teas, green teas & white teas. The black teas have the most caffeine. Green tea has less. And white teas have less still. White teas in particular supposedly have many health benefits in addition to being very low in caffeine. (Black & green teas are said to have health benefits too.)

My personal favorite in teas are the first flush Darjeelings. However they have become quite expensive over the past couple of years or so. I'm not really a fan of most green teas. But I enjoy white teas quite a bit. I do limit the amount of black tea I drink due to the caffeine. I have problems with my nerves & too much caffeine just adds to the difficulty. So I'll generally have some black tea in the morning with breakfast (about 250 to 300 grams) & about the same amount in the evening. Otherwise I typically drink water. (I'm sipping ice water as I type this.)

This past summer, in lieu of drinking black tea, I began steeping white tea (11 grams of white tea leaves to 1100 grams water) in a tea pitcher in the refrigerator for about an hour & a half. That worked well. Then, when I wanted some, I would either heat a cupful to about 160 degrees in the microwave, or I would ice it. It was quite enjoyable either way.

One good source of various varieties of teas (including herbals & flavored teas) is a company called "Teasource" That's where I buy all of my teas. Here's a link to their website:

Tea Collection | TeaSource

Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Photonate, unaluna