Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 23, 2020 at 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WovenGalaxy View Post
One thing about me, is that I do sometimes misinterpret social intentions / situations, thinking that someone had negative intent, when that's not true. I've had so much therapy, and good therapy in the last 2 years, that I'm able to step back pretty quickly and be like, "wait a minute, I'm thinking and feeling something, but it may not be true." If I were to guess, I'd say it happens much more intensely, like what happened tonight, when I'm stressed.

Sometimes I wonder if there's a diagnosis that goes with this thought process / perception issue. But I think the most important thing is that I know its there, and that I keep pausing, reaching out, and reflecting. Its only been the past couple of years I've even come to notice it and admit its there, instead of just thinking "people dislike me." That's progress.
Honestly, having been through so much abuse, I do the same thing. I question compliments and praise, and wonder what the ulterior motive is, or if they are really making a backhanded compliment. It's taken a bit to just take compliments and praise at face value. You're not alone in that.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto, unaluna, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Discombobulated, RoxanneToto, unaluna, WovenGalaxy