Noexcuses2020

Member Since Jul 2020
Default Sep 25, 2020 at 05:26 PM

DECOMPRESS - FC

M. Hi. I need to decompress.

C. Go for it. What’s on your mind?

M. I showed E the product today.

C. And

M. We did a role play where I played the S role.

C. How did it go?

M. I ran a great call.

C. Tell me more

M. I know nothing about their business or market, but I sounded like an expert. And I was very comfortable and confident running the call.

C. Isn’t that the whole objective?

M. Exactly. I showed how in less than a week, I was able to come across as someone who is an expert, which is pretty remarkable considering their business is so specialized.

C. My advice is that you make this the focus on your conversation with V.

M. What do you mean?

C. Explain that the purpose of a P is to codify best practices to make it easy for experienced to be consistently thorough and not have to rely on memory. And to make it easy for average to sound like the better ones. And for newbies to immediately sound like the best ones. Give leaders high confidence that folks are running great stuff.

M. Go on

C. You can also point out that he can run reports based on what’s gathered.

M. Okay

C. Bring up the issue about note taking. Mention that instead of putting notes in description, can put them in summary. Emphasize how it helps organize note taking and how it helps keep everyone up to speed on status. Explore how might leverage BI for reporting.

M. Okay

C. Also show PS as a better way to not suggest exit but to track it.

M. Okay

C. And, lastly, suggest making the layout more friendly and streamlined. Make sense?

M. Yeah

C. Emphasize how streamlined the new look is and how incorporated ST. Also, discuss how BD might use. I’d mock up the look.

M. Okay.

C. I’d also discuss how DS is a better way to organize, update and communicate meeting notes. Also show milestones and chart.

M. Okay.

C. I like how you redesigned the layout. Looks cleaner.

M. Okay

C. I’d open the conversation by recapping process you followed to create PB including the role play. Mention that this is the litmus test you use.

M. Okay

C. I’d mention G/S and emphasize the concept of the bell curve.

M. Okay

C. EMPHASIZE AGILITY WHICH HELPS EXPERIENCED FOLKS AND LESS EXPERIENCED. MENTION MULTIPLE ENTRY POINTS INTO THE CALL BY SHOWING BOTH UFCS.

M. Okay

C. DO A MINI-VERSION OF WHAT YOU DID WITH E.

M. For example?

C. Do mini UFC + mini indicators + one question from one of the buckets. Do this without screen sharing.

M. Great idea.

C. Focus is to show how increase effectiveness and help newbies. You’re in essence a new rep. Say I’m going to play role of new rep at FC. I joined last week and was forced to step in for E.

M. Okay

C. Use scenario where he spoke with BD and described capacity management as a primary issue. Go down that questioning path, then go back to PSAT. UPDATE UFC FOR RECAP CALL.

M. Great ideas.

C. Are you feeling better?

M. I am

C. Remember the idea is to help improve effectiveness and outcomes. I would also emphasize closing for a go/no-go. Work that into the mini role play.

M. Great advice. Thanks for coaching me. I’m feeling much better about this.

C. Great

M. I have some other things I want to discuss which we can do on a separate thread.

C. Sounds good.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote